This is not a joke, this is not a drill. Jared Goff is outplaying some of the best Quarterbacks in the league (with a handful of asterisks attached). But the bottom line is through three weeks eyebrows should be raised at Jared’s performance, and you should do what you can to capitalize.
For a quick reference, BET365 has Jared Goff’s MVP odds at 200/1, BetVictor has him at 250/1, and Bovada doesn’t have him listed at all. Looking at where he sits in the stats standings however, he seems like the kind of bet that could pay off in a huge way. Note records through the first 3 weeks.
1. Tom Brady – 1092 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs (2-1)
2. Aaron Rodgers – 967 yards, 6 TDs, 3 INTs (3-0)
3. Carson Palmer – 925 yards, 4 TDs, 4 INTs (1-2)
4. Drew Brees – 867 yards, 6 TDs, 0 INTs (1-2)
5. Matt Ryan – 867 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs (3-0)
6. Eli Manning – 825 yards, 4 TDs, 4 INTs (0-3)
7. Jared Goff – 817, 5 TDs, 1 INT (2-1)
Now, it may seem like its too early to start talking about MVPs, but there is a lot to consider when you’re looking for the leagues best player, and it can get away from guys fast. More important than stats is how the team fairs, and starting 2-1 after finishing 4-12 a year ago is a good place to start.
While they absolutely can go the opposite direction down the stretch this season, you have to consider Goff’s increased efficiency and confident play as a sign that they will compete for every game. If you haven’t watched him yet this season, it’s evident he’s the leader of one of the most exciting young offenses in the league.
When you take records into account, this moves Jared ahead of Players like Manning, Brees, and Palmer at this early stage. The Most Valuable Player tends to be given to the man (usually a quarterback) that does the most to create the opportunity for their team to win, followed by his stat line.
Facing 6 soft teams through the remainder of the season including The 49ers, The Giants, Saints, Jaguars, Cardinals twice set Goff up to continue to compete for MVP and is very encouraging. But competing is one thing, what will win him any sort of award is defeating teams like The Cowboys in week 4, the Seahawks in week 5 and 15, and the Titans in week 16. and with weapons like Todd Gurley and Sammy Watkins, he stands a fighting chance.
And that’s not even considering his impressive stat line, which has him within 50 yards of the 3 passers in front of him, and his TD to INT ratio is third behind only Brady and Brees. These are players he needs to out-perform if he hopes to take home any sort of hardware.
With odds that would see a $100 bet turned into $20,000 on BET365, these are the gem bets you need to sniff out. Everything to gain, next to nothing to lose.
- Excitement grows as a trio of major NFL milestones prepare to fall
- Carolina Panthers v. Detriot Lions Betting Odds and Tips – 10.08.2017
- Washington Redskins v. Kansas City Chiefs Betting Odds and Tips – 10.02.2017
- Does Jared Goff stand a chance to compete for NFL MVP?
- LA Rams v. San Fransisco 49ers Betting Odds and Tips – 09.21.2017